Congratulation the hard training is done and race day almost here.
Here are a few tips to remember for race day.
- Have a good meal including carbohydrates, fruit and veg.
- Hydrate- Drink plenty of water without overloading.
- Gear- layout your running gear and attach race number to running top.
- Get up early- have a good breakfast such as porridge and toast. Don’t try new or unfamiliar food.
- Hydrate- keep slipping water
- Leave plenty of time to get to start line. This avoids a rushed feeling and gives you time to warm-up.
- Start slow and run at your own pace.
- Hydrate if you are running less than 45mins water is fine. Longer than an hour consuming sports drinks like Lucozade Sport will fuel your muscles and avoid cramps. Water stations every 3 miles and lucozade Sport will be in white cups.
- Warm down-reduces or avoid muscle soreness, keep moving once you crossed the line. Spend 10-15 mins stretching
- Change into try clothes.
- Hydrate: As you may have guessed by now keeping hydrated is critical on race day.
- Refuel Quickly: Hot food available at end of the race to help you replenish your electrolytes.
Celebrate: If you walked/ran the 10k, Half or Full marathon enjoy the after party.
Good Luck and keeping smiling.