The routes give competitors the chance to run one of the world’s most breath taking and scenic marathon through Killarney National Park and Muckross House.
During the race runners will pass some of Killarney iconic landmarks including Molls Gap, Ladies View, Torc Waterfall and Muckross House, providing true inspiration and motivation for all runners.
The 10km and half marathon routes are fast downhill course with amazing scenery around every comer.
The Irish climate can be described as being mild, moist and changeable. In the month of July temperature range from 15 Degree to highs of 25 degrees.
When: Saturday 22nd July 2017
- All competitors should arrive at The Gleneagle Hotel between 8.30am and 09.30am.
- Race briefing will take place at 9.40am at The Gleneagle Hotel.
- Race start time is 10.00am.
- All competitors should arrive at The Gleneagle Hotel for departure at 07.00am to be transported by coach to the start line.
- The race starts at 8.30am.
All competitors must collect their race pack on Friday 21st from the Race HQ at Gleneagle Hotel. There is a option for irish addresses only to get packs posted out at additional cost of €4.50
- Race Number
- Timing Chip
- Detailed route information
- Bag Stickers (Half Marathon only)
Coach transfer to start line
All half marathon competitors will be transferred by coach to the start line which is approx. 35min drive from the pickup point.
The pick up point will be the Gleneagle Hotel Complex.
No coach transfer is required for 10k.
Dedicated car parking at the Gleneagle Hotel will be sign posted.
You will be directed to dedicate car parking on your approach to the Gleneagle Hotel.
All competitors will have their race time accurately recorded by a micro-chip which is inserted to each bib number. Once a competitor crosses the timing mats placed at the start line there time is activated and stops after crossing finish line. An overall time for each individual will be posted online within in minutes of crossing the finish line.
Half Marathon: Molls Gap
10km: The Gleneagle Hotel
- Only competitors are allowed in the start area for Half Marathon.
- Portaloos will be at available at the starting line for all both courses.
- Have your race number visible and be ready to race at start area.
- We advise that you wear extra layers to keep warm at the start area.
- Please place any rubbish you may have in the bins provided.
- Bag drop of area for Half marathon competitors only.
- Finish Area Map >>
- After you cross the finish line, a volunteer will place a medal around your neck.
- Each competitor will receive a finishers top and a food voucher.
- Medical aid will be available throughout the finish area.
- Hot tubs, massage, food and entertainment available.
- Competitors will be able to pick up your bags from the bag collection point in the Gleneagle Hotel.
Run Killarney has a team of 8 pacers to help you achieve your target finish time. All pace team leaders are seasoned and reliable runners. These experienced runners will set the speed, give advice, and help runners through difficult moments. The pacers are divided by target finish time and two pacers will run in each marathon and half marathon target time. Pacers will be recognizable by the balloon attached to them. The balloon is marked with the pace target time. Avoid overcrowding the pacers and remember, as long as you keep pacer insight you will remain on correct pace.
Target finish times for Half Marathon are as follows:
Sub 1.40, Sub 1.50, Sub 2.00, Sub 2.10
Spectators are encouraged to come out and cheer on family and friends. The slower runners appreciate your support just as much as the fast runners. For you own safety please stay off course at all times and obey all road closure restrictions. The finish line and Muckross House are the best viewing points for spectators.
The road will be closed to all vehicles along the route from 6:30am and will be reopened at 11.30am.
Half Marathon competitors will be permitted to bring one bag (no plastic bags) with them on the bus. The bags will then be transported from the start line and will be available for collection at the finish line.
There is no bag storage facility for 10km competitors.