When: Saturday 6th August 2022
- Race start at 9.30am
- Race briefing will take place 10 minutes before start of the race.
- Race starts at 8am
- Race briefing will take place 10 minutes before start of the race
All competitors packs will be posted out to Island of Ireland address (AT NO ADDITIONAL COST FOR 2022). Your pack will include the following;
- Race Number
- Timing Chip
- Detailed route information
There is very limited parking at the start/finish area so we would advise walking/cycling/getting dropped to the area where possible.
There will be a bag drop at the race start, and you can collect your bag from the Gleneagle Hotel.
All competitors will have their race time accurately recorded by a microchip which is inserted into each bib number. Once a competitor crosses the timing mats placed at the start line there time is activated and stops after crossing the finish line. An overall time for each individual will be posted online within in minutes of crossing the finish line.
Half Marathon: Details to be advised closer to the event day.
10km: Details to be advised closer to the event day.
- Only competitors are allowed in the start area.
- Portaloos will be at available at the starting line for both routes.
- Have your race number visible and be ready to race at start area.
- We advise that you wear extra layers to keep warm at the start area.
- Please place any rubbish you may have in the bins provided.
- After you cross the finish line, a volunteer will place a medal around your neck.
- Each competitor will receive a finishers top and a food voucher.
- Medical aid will be available throughout the finish area.
- Hot tubs, food and entertainment available
Run Killarney has a team of 8 pacers to help you achieve your target finish time. All pace team leaders are seasoned and reliable runners. These experienced runners will set the speed, give advice, and help runners through difficult moments. The pacers are divided by target finish time and two pacers will run in each marathon and half marathon target time. Pacers will be recognizable by the balloon attached to them. The balloon is marked with the pace target time. Avoid overcrowding the pacers and remember, as long as you keep pacer insight you will remain on correct pace.
Target finish times for Half Marathon are as follows:
Sub 1.40, Sub 1.50, Sub 2.00, Sub 2.10
Please note whilst we encourage spectators, due to the ongoing impact of Covid-19 we would ask that spectators abide by current government regulations around pandemic protocol and social distancing in place at the time of the event.
Details to be advised.